One of many first issues I did as a brand new Roku person was to begin including channels to the Residence display screen, from Netflix and Disney+ to Apple TV+ and HBO Max.
However as soon as I had all my channels put in, I hit a roadblock. How precisely do you rearrange all these channel tiles? Personally, I like having Netflix up high, together with such oft-used companies equivalent to Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video, however they have been all jumbled in the midst of the channel grid.
In the meantime, there have been some channels I needed to nix, equivalent to Individuals TV and Roku’s Getting Began channel.
In case you’re new to Roku, it’s simple to get caught for those who’re trying to transfer or delete channels on the Residence display screen, on condition that there’s no apparent approach to begin rearranging your tiles.
Extra skilled Roku customers, nonetheless, will know the trick: the ever-useful “*” button, a.ok.a. Choices, which reveals contextual and associated choices when pressed. When you’re aware of the Choices button, rearranging the channels on the Residence display screen is simple.
The right way to transfer a channel on the Roku residence display screen
- Go to the Residence tab on the principle Roku display screen, press the “>” button on the distant, then navigate to the channel tile that you simply’d like to maneuver.
- Nest, press the “*” button on the distant. Once you do, a menu will pop up with quite a lot of choices, permitting you to fee the channel, examine for updates, submit suggestions, and so forth. The choice you’re in search of is Transfer channel; go forward and click on it.
- Now, you’ll see the channel tiles once more, besides this time the one you chose can be surrounded by arrows. Utilizing the arrow keys on the distant, transfer the channel tile round till it’s within the best place, then press the OK button. All performed!
The right way to delete a channel on the Roku residence display screen
- Need to delete a channel tile? Earlier than you do, you must examine and see for those who’re subscribed to it—and in that case, whether or not you subscribed by way of your Roku account. To seek out out, go to my.roku.com and choose Handle Your Subscriptions. In case you did subscribe by way of Roku, you’ll must cancel your subscription first.
- When you’ve completed checking your subscription (for those who had one within the first place), deleting a channel on Roku is just like shifting a channel. Simply navigate to the channel you wish to nix, press the “*” (Choices) button, then choose Take away channel.