There are many car insurance companies in the United States. Knowing you have chosen a quality car insurance company will give you peace of mind in the event you are involved in a auto accident or another situation where you must file an insurance claim. Below is a list of the top 5 car insurance companies:
1. GEICO Auto Insurance Company: GEICO offers cheap car insurance and is well known for offering low cost auto insurance for military veterans and their families. They offer their customers 24/7 assistance. They are also well-known for their lifetime alliance with the US army, offering scholarships, assistance programs and donations to those in the military and those retired from military. They also offer flexible payment options.
2. Progressive Auto Insurance: Progressive is well known for their discount auto insurance. They offer a variety of discount policies for students, homeowners, mileage, multiple car insurance, and online. Progressive makes it easy for drivers to get discounts on their insurance. Discounts can be vary from state to state. They also offer free policy reviews, Loyalty Rewards, free glass repairs, as well as flexible payment options.
3. Nationwide Car Insurance: Nationwide offers many insurance policies. The insurance company states it has 95% customer satisfaction. As well, they have an auto repair network so drivers can get their car repaired from Nationwide repair network and they can immediately make a claim after an accident. Nationwide offers discounts for multiple policies, students and companies. and has a safe driver rewards program.
4. State Farm Insurance: Headquartered on Bloomington, Illinois, State Farm specializes in auto insurance. They have more than 343 offices and 30 operating centers in US and Canada. State Farm Insurance has a number of policy options, including policies for those with a not so good driving record. Customer assistance is available 24/7 online or by phone.
5. Farmers Insurance: Farmers is the third largest insurer in the US. They sell insurance policies online and through independent Farmers agents in 41 states. They offer a package of options that can reward drivers for being accident-free and other discounts. Types of common coverage include: New Car Pledge (replace your new vehicle in the first two years), HelpPoint® Glass Services, HelpPoint® Roadside Assistance, Accident Forgiveness, and Personal Umbrella.